Advertised Salary Range: Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Advertised Job Summary:
- Lead the creation of an integrated marketing and communications plan with outlined goals and objectives aimed at raising awareness, attracting top students, and engaging and inspiring alumni, donors and friends to support USC Upstate.
- In partnership with the Vice Chancellor and UMC team members, provide vision and creativity to implement new forms of communications and marketing, encompassing the latest communications formats, tools and delivery methods.
- Direct, guide and manage a high-performing team of creative, marketing, web and communication professionals to successfully achieve outcomes outlined in the dashboard metrics.
- Serve as the key architect of the Chancellor's communications, providing broad scope research, analysis, and strategy development to advance strategic initiatives.
- Develop, implement and manage the adherence to brand standards and guidelines to establish and protect the institutional identity of USC Upstate.
- Operationalize communication protocols, including project prioritization hierarchy and preparation of strategic assessment briefs guiding the workflow of incoming projects.
- Advise senior administrators on public relations implications and potential strategies for internal and external communications.
- In partnership with the Vice Chancellor, oversee programs, resources and budget to ensure they are in alignment with divisional and institutional priorities.
- Serves as counsel on crisis communications, and as appropriate, serve as the University spokesperson.
- Lead the team of 9 FTE and 2+ temporary marketing and communications professionals.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree plus five years of directly related and progressively responsible experience in a communications management position; three years of previous supervisory experience. Valid driver's license, good driving record and successful background check are mandatory.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Internal Number: 23564
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.