This position oversees the strategic development, implementation, and activation of sports marketing campaigns of all fourteen (14) sponsored sports with specific emphasis on men’s basketball and women’s basketball. It manages the organizational branding towards the achievement of visibility, relevance and revenue goals / objectives. With oversight of select staff, and serving as a negotiator of media objectives, this position will be accountable for the marketing and fan development strategies of advertising, media promotions, website content, social media, and extended game-day events, including management and execution of timelines and activities affiliated with athletics’ events. Working with Communications, the Development office and Ticket Sales offices, as well as external constituencies, this position will actively analyze the results of materials, programming and events relative to campaign and branding goals / objectives.
1. Develop and implement strategic marketing campaigns for all 14 varsity sports.
• Serve as the game day event marketer for all varsity athletic programs as well as for all athletic related special events.
• Promote a positive image for Intercollegiate Athletics, maintain and increase ticket sales and create, implement and execute various game day promotions
• Responsible for planning and implementing promotions to improve fan attendance and fan interaction at all home events, including pre-game and halftime shows
2. Develop fan strategies for advertising, promotions, website and social media
• On-campus grassroots initiatives focused on faculty/staff and students including but not limited to Pirate Pride initiatives
• Create comprehensive social media content that utilizes marketing techniques to increase visibility, membership and traffic across all social media platforms
• Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications and appropriately apply the knowledge to increasing the use of social media
• Develop and prepare video board scripts designed to deliver a professional, entertaining production
• Manage the department's kid's club (Jr. Pirates) including membership management, content for correspondence and develop and implement programming for membership
• Serve as the event manager for community charitable outreach initiatives
• Liaison with South Orange village, university departments, and student organizations
3. Work with external constituents on the implementation of initiatives related to the promotion and support of Seton Hall Athletics
• Arena partnership (Prudential Center)
• Media partnerships (Outside ad agency to create and organize men’s basketball advertising campaigns)
Seton Hall University is a major Catholic university located in South Orange, New Jersey. In a diverse and collaborative environment, it focuses on academic and ethical development. Seton Hall students are prepared to be leaders in their professional and community lives in a global society and are challenged by outstanding faculty, an evolving technologically advanced setting and values-centered curricula. Seton Hall is a proud founding-member of the BIG EAST Conference and supports 14 varsity athletic teams. By providing quality opportunities and programs which reflect high academic, moral and athletic standards, Seton Hall University enables all student-athletes to maximize their personal potential. Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It honors diversity and respects the religious commitments of all employees. In turn, its employees respect Catholic beliefs and values, and they support its mission as a Catholic institution of higher education.