The University of Texas at San Antonio Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking well-qualified individuals for its Marketing Associate.
To assist in developing and maintaining a quality marketing program for the department or college.
Responsible for assigned phases of marketing and community relations programs. Assist in developing, enhancing, and implementing new and existing market approaches for attracting visitors, stakeholders, participants, clients, and purchasers to various programs and products.
1. Proposes, evaluates and coordinates the implementation of marketing and community relations strategies. Researches new advertising, marketing, and community relations approaches; and proposes program design.
2. Creates and implement marketing plans for assigned sports.
3. Serves as liaison to student fan organization (Rowdy Crew).
4. Plans, schedules and coordinates gameday activities in assigned sports.
5. Ensures program needs are met through resources planning, tracking, and management. Resources include budget allocation, staff, volunteers, interns, work study participants, supplies and facilities.
6. Produces and distributes marketing and community relations materials.
7. Evaluates and make recommendations to marketing and community relations activities to ensure program and organizational goals are met.
8. Maintains tracking and reporting systems to monitor program progress and results. Provides timely and accurate reports to reflect program progress and results; assists in the creation and maintenance of internal controls to protect confidentiality and program reporting.
9. Interacts with university departments, guests, and other stakeholders to respond to inquiries, provide information, coordinate resources, and promote marketing and community relations programs.
10. Supervises and trains staff as well as volunteers, interns and work study participants.
11. Performs additional duties as assigned.
1. Assists in special projects.
-One year marketing/promotion/ PR experience OR one year general work experience if Bachelor’s is in marketing or related field.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
-Independent decision making and problem solving ability.
-Tact, diplomacy, and discretion required in all matters.
-Criminal Background Check (CBC).
-Personal computer and standard office equipment.
-Two years experience in marketing, promotion, or public relations in an intercollegiate athletics environment. Supervisory and budget experience a plus.
-Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
About The University of Texas at San Antonio
The University of Texas at San Antonio serves the San Antonio metropolitan area and the broader region of South Texas through programs and services offered from its three campuses: 1604 Campus, Downtown Campus and UTSA's Institute of Texan Cultures.With 28,688 students enrolled in 126 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, UTSA is the second-largest component in The University of Texas System and has been one of the state's fastest-growing public universities for much of the last decade.UTSA offers 63 bachelor's, 43 master's and 20 doctoral degree programs. With 10 doctoral programs and five more master's programs in the planning stages or awaiting final approval, UTSA is rapidly moving toward classification as a doctoral/research intensive institution. The university's three campuses provide access and opportunity for large numbers of historically underserved students. More than 56 percent of UTSA's students come from groups underrepresented in higher education. Many students are the first in their families to attend a college or university.
The University of Texas at San Antonio is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.