DEPARTMENT: Cultural & Civic Services, City of Tarpon Springs
REPORTS TO: Cultural & Civic Services Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt CIVIL SERVICE: Yes
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
The Tarpon Arts Operations Manager is a key employee acting as second to the Cultural & Civic Services Director and acts in the capacity of Director in the Director’s absence. The Operations Manager supervises daily operations of the four city facilities falling under Tarpon Arts’ management, including but not limited to daily ticket and museum sales, marketing and community outreach, building maintenance, membership and volunteer programs, staff scheduling and discipline, and all customer and patron services. This position is key in generating department revenue by overseeing all marketing channels that drive sales, applying for grant funds, and assisting the Director with obtaining sponsorship dollars. This position also serves as a marketing liaison to the Economic Department Manager and the Cultural & Civic Services Department to promote the City of Tarpon Springs.
NOTE: A City of Tarpon Springs employment application must be completed to be considered for this position. The applicant selected for new employment with the City of Tarpon Springs will be offered employment upon the successful completion of a physical examination with drug screening, plus a credit and background check.
1. Manages all marketing and publicity efforts of Tarpon Arts. 1:1 Acts as primary marketing/PR contact for all events. 1:2 Creates comprehensive marketing and advertising plans for all season, shows and events. 1:3 Executes strategic branding campaigns to elevate Tarpon Arts in the community and beyond. 1:4 Plans and arranges for all media coverage by writing and sending press releases, maintaining positive relationships with local media outlets, etc. 1:5 Leverages media dollars with all ad buys and social media promotions, negotiates deals and in-kind donations with local media channels, and maintains annual advertising budget. 1:6 Engages Director in ticketing and pricing analysis discussion, including recommending increases and strategic discounts as needed by completing local market research of other venues and maintaining detailed profit and loss statements for each season. 1:7 Designs and creates all printed collateral materials for the Department promoting shows, events, special incentives, and materials supporting the growth of the membership, volunteer and sponsorship programs. 1:8 Develops creative social media content for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and other platforms to support show marketing plans. 1:9 Oversees, edits and creates compelling content for the department website. 1:10 Tracks measureable analytics for website and social media platforms. 1:11 Directly assigns projects to and oversees the efforts of the Marketing and Events Specialist. 1:12 Represents Tarpon Arts as a Board Member of the North Pinellas Cultural Alliance and a member of the Tarpon Springs Chamber of Commerce Tourism Development Committee.
2. Researches and completes all grant writing and reporting efforts to secure grant funding for Tarpon Arts, including but not limited to general operating, capital improvement, cultural event and exhibit , and genre-specific touring artist grants. 2.1 Maintains a calendar of existing grant opportunities, ensuring applications are completed and submitted by deadline. 2.2 Constantly research new grant opportunities to widen the pipeline of possible grant funding. 2.3 Complete all quarterly, mid-term, and final grant reporting and financial summary duties as required by grantors.
3. Manage Tarpon Arts staff. 3:1 Successfully manage the Tarpon Arts’ staff as directed by Cultural & Civic Services Director, comprised of 3 full-time and 3 part-time employees, including scheduling, conflict resolution, mentoring and coaching, and taking disciplinary action when needed. 3:2 Responsible for on-time submission of time sheets for payroll, vacation and time off requests of all staff to Director for final approval. 3.3 Supervise the staff’s work and projects including the Tarpon Arts membership program and all ticket sales and customer service at four locations. 3.4 Oversee the volunteer program to ensure that staff is effectively recruiting, onboarding, training, scheduling and communicating with front-of-house volunteer team at all shows and events. 3.5 Review staff communications for all community-based shows and events for scheduling of meetings, rehearsals, publicity shoots, etc. 3.6 Review and prepare for Director’s sign off all P-card purchases made by staff. 3.7 Confirm that staff complies with all necessary regulations regarding cash handling, receipts, records management, etc. as dictated by Clerks Office/Finance. 3.8 Stay current on ticket office sales and concessions procedures to act as trainer or fill-in staff when needed.
4. Oversee Tarpon Arts' Venues 4:1 Effectively manage staff to ensure continued cleanliness and viability of all facilities. 4:2 Review and approve any necessary work orders before submission. 4:3 Review and approve the third-party usage of any facilities by City or civic groups. 4.4 Oversee the purchasing and inventory of all concession items for shows and events. 4.5 Constantly look for new opportunities to improve the condition and usability of all venues for a better user experience. 4.6 Receives and receipts payment of monies, fees, and donations collected for Tarpon Arts Locations including but not limited to: ticket sales, concessions, Performing Arts, Heritage Museum, Cultural Center, and Safford House. (As needed) 4.7 Balances Cash Drawer and prepares deposits. (As needed) 4.8 Reviews daily cash edit report for overages and shortages when handling monies. (As needed) 4.9 Coordinates Bank Deposits for vault company pick up. (As needed)
5. Act as Liaison for City of Tarpon Springs Marketing and Promotion 5.1 Work with Cultural & Civic Services Director and Economic Development Manager to develop and implement a strategic marketing plan to include (but not limited to) branding, advertising, collateral development, marketing research and co-promotion for the City of Tarpon Springs to attract regional, state and international visitors. 5.2 Provide monthly reports on co-marketing initiatives and data analysis.
6. Key competencies include the following attributes: 6.1 Interpersonal Skills: Assist customers in a polite, friendly, and helpful manner. Professionally represent Tarpon Arts to the public, business associates, and visiting organizations. Take opportunities to make customers aware of relevant special offers, other shows, events, exhibitions and services. Provide positive and accurate information and assistance in response to inquiries. Effectively communicates and relates well to all kinds of people. 6.2 Self-Management: Independently pursues job tasks in an organized and efficient manner; Demonstrates self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities; Minimizes work flow disruptions and time wasters to complete high-quality work within a specified time frame; Dresses appropriately for the job and arrives on time; Appropriately separates work from personal life when in the workplace. 6.3 Planning and Organizing: Utilizes logical, systematic, and orderly procedures to meet objectives; Prioritizes tasks for optimum productivity and anticipates probable effects, outcomes, and risks; Develops procedures, processes and systems for order, accuracy, efficiency, and productivity within the job responsibilities, creating and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary. 6.4 Personal Accountability: Prioritizes and completes necessary tasks in order to meet or exceed the mutually agreed upon expectations of the role; Assumes accountability for personal actions. 6.5 Written Communication: Writes clearly, succinctly, and understandably. 6.6 Team Support: Assists others on team without being told; becomes knowledgeable of job duties of other team members and explores ways to be supportive; explores approaches to improve team effectiveness and excellence; is supportive of team leaders and other team members.
Valid Florida Driver's License and reliable transportation
Four year degree and 7+ years in a similar role; 10+ years in a similar role may qualify in lieu of degree Prior supervisory experience required Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite Experienced in database creation and maintenance; business letter writing; graphic design; website content management systems; social media platforms; grant writing and reporting Strong communication skills, both written and verbal Must be able to maintain confidential information
WORKING ENVIRONMENT The work environment/conditions characteristic described herein representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job and are not an all-inclusive list.
Working Conditions: • Subject to irregular hours - evenings and weekends; basic day: 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (30 minute lunch) • Travel between venues required • Must work with varied personalities of the general public, as well as staff, volunteers, docents, artists and performers, City employees in different departments, library personnel, vendors, media.
Job Location: Tarpon Arts venues as needed.
Additional Salary Information: Negotiable depending on experience. Excellent benefits package.
About TARPON ARTS, City of Tarpon Springs
Tarpon Arts is the City of Tarpon Springs’ Department of Cultural Services/Division of Arts & Historical Resources and also supports the City’s heritage and historic preservation activities.
The mission of Tarpon Arts is to present stimulating, engaging, and educational performances, workshops, festivals, concerts, and visual arts that celebrate the unique heritage and culture of Tarpon Springs and the State of Florida, while bringing nationally-acclaimed artists to the community establishing Tarpon Springs as a dynamic cultural destination.
BACK TO TOP
EACA Job Bank is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else EACA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at EACA Job Bank.