The Marketing and Promotions Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing, and will assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan aimed at increasing game attendance and enhancing the fan experience. This position will also assist in all departmental social media efforts, take lead on promotional and theme nights, as well as assist in group sales efforts.
• Serve on the team tasked with annually meeting the department’s set revenue and attendance goals for all ticketed sports
• Assist with the development, coordination and implementation of marketing plan and in-game promotions for all varsity sports
• Assist and advance social media and mobile marketing efforts (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Create digital promotional materials for athletic teams, and areas within Athletics such as ticket sales and service, event presentation and promotion, development and communications
• Collaborate with External team to set direction on annual creative themes to carry across all departmental and multimedia assets
• Assist with the creation of all templates, graphics and promotional ads for use on athletics web sites, social media outlets, and electronic correspondence
• Assist with sponsorship fulfillment and needs
• Assist with development and implementation of a comprehensive plan for group ticket sales
• Recruitment and supervision of the day-to-day activities of marketing graduate assistant(s), interns and student workers
*Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Database management experience is preferred.
*Excellent verbal and written communications skills
*Strong organizational and execution skills.
*Ability to work as a member of a team
*Self starter and can work independently as well.
*Excellent interpersonal skills
*Excellent problem solving skills
*Deep commitment to confidentiality and operates with the highest level of integrity
*Values relationship and is committed to the mission of Lipscomb University
Internal Number: AS584P
About Lipscomb University
Lipscomb University is a liberal arts teaching and research institution committed to being intentionally, courageously and graciously Christian. Our mission is to integrate Christian faith and practice with academic excellence, not only in the classroom but also by involvement in numerous services to the church and the larger community. It is a place that sees the city as our campus and the world as our classroom. This is what grounds us, and it is also what has grown us.
With more than 4,600 students, Lipscomb University was recently named by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the fastest-growing private doctoral universities in the nation with a 10-year growth rate of 80.6 percent. Lipscomb is a dynamic university offering students a choice of more than 200 undergraduate programs of study, 24 master’s degrees in 70 fields of study, four education specialist degrees and three doctoral degrees. In addition to Lipscomb’s residential campus in the Green Hills area of Nashville, Tennessee, the university has locations in downtown Nashville and Franklin, Tennessee, as well as a robust online program.
Today, Lipscomb is nationally ranked for its innovation, programs and s...ervice. Each year, Lipscomb students contribute an average of 60,000 hours of service to nonprofits and organizations. Classified as a national university by U.S. News & World Report, Lipscomb University is classified as a doctoral university by the Carnegie Foundation, placing it among 7 percent of schools nationwide.
At the heart of Lipscomb University are more than 940 full-time faculty and staff who are committed to creating a lasting impact beyond the campus, serving the good of humanity to the glory of God. As you learn more about Lipscomb, we hope you find it to be a place that is joyfully and energetically committed to God and a place where you truly want to share and invest your talents and skills.