Utah Valley University is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic leader with strong attention to detail, a strong collaborative spirit, and a high focus on innovation for the position of Director – Marketing & Promotions. This position reports to the Associate Athletic Director – Communications & Marketing with duties that include, but are not limited to: Develops and executes annual and multi-year marketing plans for all 16 intercollegiate athletic sport programs sponsored by the University. Creates and implements marketing and promotional strategies to enhance the fan experience and game-day atmosphere for home contests as well as help increase attendance and revenue for UVU Athletics. Assists in the creation and implementation of marketing and promotional strategies for all special events sponsored by UVU Athletics. Develops event scripts for home contests and coordinates various game day functions for all 16 intercollegiate athletic sport programs sponsored by the University. Coordinates the marketing and promotional budget for all 16 intercollegiate athletic sport programs sponsored by the University. Coordinates all creative design efforts and implementation of assets (campus digital advertisement, posters, pamphlets, reports, Power-Points, flyers, schedule cards, infrastructure, promotional items, clothing, etc.). Coordinates all creative video and photo efforts and implementation of assets (digital marketing advertisement promotional videos, in-game fan engagement videos, in-game advertisement commercials, etc. [excluding game broadcasts managed by UVU Broadcasting or Sports Information]). Coordinates all digital marketing efforts and implementation of assets (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.). Coordinates all Willy the Wolverine Mascot efforts (fan engagement, community engagement, digital media, etc.). In coordination with the Communications Specialist assigned to Athletics by University Marketing, coordinates all media buys. In coordination with the Communications Specialist assigned to Athletics by University Marketing, coordinates all season, group, and single-game ticket sales. In coordination with the University Marketing Licensing Manager, manages the UVU Athletics brand. Creates and nourishes relationships with both campus and community in an effort to grow support of UVU Athletics. Assists with the fulfillment of sold inventory by the Development team (Major Gifts, Corporate Partners, Annual Fund, etc.). Assists with the sales/ticketing operations for the Athletic Ticket Office. Creates and implements marketing strategies for WAC, BIG 12 Conference, and NCAA Championship events hosted by UVU. Recruits, supervises, manages, and mentors interns, student employees, and part-time employees. Other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of UVU policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of the regulations governing intercollegiate athletics as set forth by the NCAA, the WAC, and the BIG 12.
· Knowledge of NCAA DI technical writing procedures.
· Knowledge of current marketing and promotional strategies.
· Knowledge of video and photo production techniques.
· Knowledge of how to operate and maintain all game day production equipment.
· Skills in developing marketing materials used for promotion, advertising, fund raising, etc.
· Skills in judgement and diplomacy required to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broad audience.
· Must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, Lightroom, InDesign, etc.).
· Proficient in Microsoft Suite software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Proficient in camera, lighting, sound, and editing techniques.
· Ability to uphold and abide by all NCAA, WAC, and BIG 12 regulations and UVU Institutional policies and procedures.
· Ability to develop annual and multi-year marketing plans for all 16 intercollegiate athletic sport programs sponsored by the University.
· Ability to create and implement marketing and promotional strategies to help increase attendance and revenue for UVU Athletics, as well as enhance the fan experience and game day atmosphere for home contests.
· Ability to supervise and direct marketing and promotional strategies for all 16 intercollegiate athletic sport programs sponsored by the University.
· Ability to manage a set budget as assigned by the Associate Athletic Director of Communication and Marketing.
· Ability to recruit, train, and supervise staff employees associated with the Athletic Marketing and Promotion team.
· Ability to coordinate effectively with various campus and community constituencies.
· Ability to work with people in public relations settings.
· Ability to plan, organize, and problem solve.
· Ability to interact and communicate with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds.
Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
UVU is a teaching institution where students learn, do and become. With nearly 40,000 students, UVU is now the largest institution of higher learning in Utah. As a teaching institution that educates more Utahns than any other university, UVU's primary focus is on student success--the academic, professional and personal success of its students. The Wolverines have achieved great success in the WAC and Big 12 with the addition of Men’s Soccer in 2014, UVU competes in 16 different sports at the Division I level.