Basic Purpose: The Shady Hill School seeks an experienced Director of Marketing & Communications who will work with the School’s senior administration team to develop and implement dynamic marketing and communications strategies and plans that advance the School’s mission and goals. The successful candidate will ensure a consistency of messaging and brand across all of the School’s digital, print and video platforms and will create or manage content for Admission, Development, Head of School and other Administrative initiatives of the School. The Director of Marketing & Communications is a member of the senior leadership team. This is a full-time, 12-month position that supervises a staff of two.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight (writing / editing/distribution) of all outward facing written School communications (viewbook, magazine, weekly newsletters, annual report, case statements, yearbooks, handbooks, presentations, community-wide emails, etc.) Also responsible for internet communication s including surveys, resource boards and forms.
- Collaborate strategically with Head of School to communicate mission, philosophy, and values of the Shady Hill community and throughout crisis management
Visual and Digital Communications/Website/Social Media
- Creation and implementation of digital communications plan to ensure the School is appropriately represented on all relevant platforms
- Overseeing the development of a new web design, web features, and ongoing content creation to optimize the site as both a recruitment and constituent communications tool
- Development and management of a strategic social media plan that engages current as well as potential constituents
- Conceptualization and production of compelling visual storytelling through video and photography to be used on multiple platforms to enhance brand
Vendor management ·
- Planning a strategic multi-media advertising schedule that maximizes opportunities for exposure and promotes admission events
- Managing ad budget
- Creation and production of ads (print, radio, online) to enhance School image and increase awareness
- Development and management of a public relations program that takes advantage of free local and national press to promote School programs and student achievements
- Creation of press releases and development of relationships between School and press
- Assist school representatives with media opportunities including interviews
- Coordinate crisis response including media statements, scripts & talking points for front-line employees
- Work with School to align and support visual identity
- Signage, school colors, Mission Statement deployment, School Store, support recruiting, retention, advancement, admission, and facilities with design and marketing guidance
- Order and maintain materials from stationary to signage·
- Experience with marketing survey tools and analysis
Minimum of five years’ experience in Marketing or Communications
Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills are essential
A detail oriented, entrepreneurial, and proactive work style
Experience with desktop publishing software (Adobe), graphic design, photography and videography are preferred
Fluency/Experience with marketing or customer information systems – Blackbaud, blackboard connect and/or survey monkey
A sense of humor and collaborative work style
12 months per year
Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary, and mornings like snow days
For over 100 years, Shady Hill has been a leader in progressive elementary and middle school education and teacher training. The year-long central subject study, which emphasizes strong content, the use of primary sources, acquisition of essential skills, and self-discovery, forms the core of our curriculum. As a diverse school, we believe that a varied and inclusive community is an educational and moral imperative that empowers us all. Therefore, we seek to hire faculty and staff who share our vision. We offer a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries and a generous benefits package. Shady Hill is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. For more information on Shady Hill please visit us at www.shs.org.
Shady Hill offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance plans, a school-matched retirement plan and paid time off.