This is a hybrid position with work-from-home options but must reside in the Denver metro area.
Salary: $90,000. 00 - $100,000. 00
What makes a successful Greystar marketing team member?
Being a self-starter - having the confidence to jump in when you don't have all the answers but know you'll figure it out. You see the bigger picture and love to problem-solve.
Our top-performing team members are subject matter experts. They are passionate and energetic about their craft. They can captivate an audience and build an extended network of followers seeking their recommendations. Other team members are drawn to them and view them as leaders.
Our team members are excellent communicators. They love language, are terrific writers, and can present and speak eloquently and confidently with customers and clients.
They love to stay educated on all things marketing, both digital and social. They bring new ideas to the teams while always considering processes, expectations, and the sustainability of various strategies. They are creative risk-takers with a realistic approach.
Recommended skills for success:
Three to five years in a professional marketing role
Exceptional project management skills can juggle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
Has an eye for design, and understands what elements make unique creative content
Practical experience managing SEO. SEM and social media campaigns
Expert with technology, CMS systems, Google Analytics, and other marketing-related products
A positive mindset - even in times of ambiguity and change
A good collaborator that adds value to projects yet celebrates the accomplishment of others
Experience marketing real estate developments in lease-up are desired
Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent progressive experience in marketing
We invite you to apply if you possess many of these qualities.
The final offer amount and the position title are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the title and salary range listed.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for collaborating with the marketing team, onsite teams, and regional leadership to create customized tactical marketing strategies and ensure consistent deployment across their portfolio. They will partner with groups internal and external to implement a strategic marketing plan that aligns with community and portfolio goals.
1. Serves as primary marketing contact for Onsite and Operations teams which may include assignment of a specific portfolio based on regional needs.
2. Collaborates with Onsite team and Operations on marketing programs that enhance property performance and support portfolio goals.
3. Uses critical thinking to define and execute marketing strategy, brand evolution, and programs that support achievement of the portfolio's business development and financial performance goals by implementing action plans around marketing, advertising, sales, and new development presentations.
4. Oversees and manages Greystar brand to maintain consistency across portfolio, where applicable.
5. Assists in acquisition and disposition assignments by managing transfer of digital assets, setup of new advertising and campaign agreements, transition and updates of social channels, and onboarding new team members by reviewing Greystar policies, procedures, and practices related to marketing and advertising.
6. Takes initiative to research, define, and launch cutting-edge technology and programs to increase performance and minimize marketing expenses.
7. Project manages the development of community specific digital assets and collateral materials, communication pieces, promotional materials, presentations, websites, reporting and training materials for an assigned portfolio of communities.
8. Provides oversight of ORM and social media initiatives to align with community band, portfolio goals, and National benchmarks.
9. Provides marketing budget recommendations for acquisitions and supports annual budgeting efforts for portfolio.
10. Oversees property photography projects to include contracting approved partners, use of required VASA and agreements, and maintaining centralized photo library - includes new photo shoots, renovation photography, neighborhood, lifestyle, etc.
11. Develops and conducts portfolio trainings for new programs and continuing education of marketing initiatives.
12. Conducts monthly touchpoints, at minimum, with Operations through calls/meetings to discuss client expectations, marketing goals, and marketing support to enhance property performance.
13. Meets with advertising and marketing partners on a regular cadence, reviews proposed service contracts to confirm preferred rates and ideal service levels, recommends creative service providers, monitors and manages advertising suppliers for product performance and service quality, and fine tunes services/budgets in place as needed to achieve optimal results that support asset performance goals.
14. Provides technical guidance and support to onsite and corporate teams as well as colleagues to include troubleshooting challenges discovered as onsite teams audit digital ad channels for accuracy.
15. Collaborates with our national, innovation, and in-house creative service teams to implement national initiatives and marketing technology at the site level.
16. May supervise other marketing team members by interviewing with an eye for top talent, hiring, training, developing, managing their performance and make tough decisions when necessary.
17. Senior role may be assigned based on experience and/or responsibilities assigned.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.